Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Vacation = Stress

I'm on vacation. This meaning that I filled out a little sheet requesting a couple days off and had it signed by a higher up. So I'm now on vacation. And as I sit on my couch watching I Love Lucy, I realize that I'm stressed. Do I start packing for the move at the end of the month? Do I clean up the neglected mess of a house? Or do I just sleep for a few hours because thinking of doing everything else that I'm suppose to be doing is making me feel like I need to vomit? I'm starting to see that taking a vacation day with out having anywhere to actually go makes no sense. You see, I can't just sit back and relax. That would be a waste of a day and if I'm at work, then that is a good enough excuse to not get anything done around the house. I've been up since about 6:15 AM. Dropped the kids off at school at 8, ate a sandwich and felt the stress tell my body that the sandwich was a foreign object. So I slept. Now it's 12:45 PM and I haven't gotten a damn thing done. I'm MORE stressed out because I feel like I have wasted 1/2 the day.

*sigh*. That's enough whining for now. And yes, I would like some cheese with it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha. I know the feeling. I don't know how to sit still. Sitting still is an opportunity for my mind to tell me all of the thinks I could be or should be doing!

Unknown said...

LOL - you always make me laugh. The fourth fan is Sarah by the way ;-)

Take 10 deep inhales and tell yourself that relaxing is well deserved, even if you do have a lot to do!

Love you :)