Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mid Life Crisis?

I need to figure out wtf I want to do with myself. Mainly it's work. Love my job, but is it what I really want to do? What DO I really want to do? I'm the "jack of all trades" when it comes to crafting. I can do a little bit of everything. Sewing, jewelry, scrapping,knitting and photography. My realy love is photography. Could I make a living doing this? I don't know. Do I want to try to make some money doing this? I don't know. I have shot many events in the last few months for work and I have always gotten really great feedback. But is this something that I want to do? 5 years from now, will I still be in love with it? I don't know.

I asked Ryan: "If you could be anything (career wise) what would you be doing?"
Ryan: "NBA Star"

Okay. That's not much help. We have tossed around the idea of opening a boutique. Ryan was all excited about it and now he never mentions it.

I just don't want to look back 10 years from now and wish that I would have done something different. AS Ryan climbs up the corporate ladder, I look at him and wonder if this is something that he WANTS to do or if it is something that he HAS to do... Are we programmed to think that we have to work a corporate job and then grasp a false feeling of satisfaction when we have one? Now, I know that he cannot be a basketball star, but it makes me think that maybe he should be doing something that surrounds sports or something.

I'll chew on this for a while. I have to get ready for my desk job.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with Jess :)

Hey, I am going through the same thing. Each day I feel different about what is important in life. Jeff nad I are now strapping down to get out of debt so we can work in jobs that we will actually enjoy and not worry about whether we can buy our starter castle in 5 years or more. Most of those people are unhappy anyway.

Boutique it up :)