Sunday, July 6, 2008

Home Sick - Vomiting in a Bucket

I'm home sick.
Being in California you forget the excitement of Summer since the weather is BEAUTIFUL all year round. Well, except for our Winters. We do get some rain for a few days here and there. But hey, I'll take it.

Back in Illinois, Summer marked many things. First, there was the confirmation that it will not snow. Some may laugh, but it's the truth. Spring tends to be the most exciting season for many people in different parts of the country, but in Chicago you could easily bet a buck that it would snow in April, or that you will have to wear a sweater in May. Then you get rain, rain, rain, rain. Which creates a smell of mud and worms that I wish to not remember.

Then comes the 4th of July. It's THE official start of Summer in my opinion. The BBQs, the parties, swimming, baking in the sun, the humidity (not my favorite part). Ahhh yes. You have not experienced humidity if you haven't been to Chicago when it's 90+ degrees with 90+ humidity. Okay, if you've been in a rain forrest you have but that's not what I'm after.

So to all my loved ones back in the MIDWEST, hold your Miller Lites high and have a toast to the California girl who misses you all more now then anything. Wipe your sweating brow and blow a kiss! I'll be back soon...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha, I always look at the 4th as summer being halfway over- just because when we used to be in school it made me start to count down weeks til we had to go back again!

Unknown said...

It's so funny becuase I look at the 4th as the offical start of summer and labor day as the offical end. Do we get jipped or what???

We miss you too lady!