Saturday, January 10, 2009

Competitive moms. I'm sitting in the waiting area at Aislynn's dance
class. It's the first time that I have been able to leave her in there
by herself and I wish that I could go back in. There are two moms out
here and they are friends, but they have been back and forth with each
other of who has more going on. Not THEM, but their kids. It's kind of
funny. Their daughters are doing a trial class, and one of the women
is already talking with the studio about her testing into the advanced
class. Um, I could understand if this child was 12 and has been in
dance for years, but she's 7 and it seems as though this is her first
time in dance. Wow. That's really pushing your kids if you ask me. But
that's how it is out here.

So 10 more minutes left to go. Now I don't know what I'm going to do
with my time in the waiting room. I'll bring in some activity sign up
sheets to fill out and enroll the kids in as many activities as they
can stay awake for. Then I'll practice my bragging for the "battle of
the busy kids" war and I will win. Oh yes.... I will win.

Melissa

0 comments: