Monday, October 13, 2008

The Valley is on Fire...How about a Doughnut?

So the valley is on fire. Santa Ana winds have been such a wonderous help putting out the fire that some dumb ass set and now I'm buried under a smokey blanket. My eyes burned as I headed out to my work to take care of some things on my requested day off. It's unlikely that it will make it's way anywhere near us, but the smoke was almost too much for me and I did not appriciate watching flakes of ash fall from the sky.

I had the news on and a newsreporter was reporting of the evacuations that were taking place for residence near the fire area. The Red Cross set up camp at the local High School and was taking people. The guy went on talking about these people having no time to pack up belongings and get to shelter. He also then went on to say that people have been "arriving and enjoying doughnuts and soda". Seriously? I would have thought that a more, um, healthy snack would have been provided for these people that are stressed and sleep deprived. It's no wonder why this country is so f'ing overweight. Stressed out? Have some sugar.

Now, I should complain too much because these items could have been donated by a local business. I would have thought that at least water would have been the beverage of choice. Don't you just love my ramblings?

Okay, on to the fire. A second one has broken out in Porter Ranch, which is closer to us. Woo hoo...

0 comments: