Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Green Bag and a Pile of Shit

Dogs... I love them. I love mine and I have never really met one that I didn't like. They love you when they first meet you and there is nothing better than coming home after a long day and having your dog act like you've been gone for 12 days instead of 8 hours.

But there is one problem I have and that isn't the problem of a dog, it's the problem of the thing on the other end of the leash-the owner.

Our nice little community is "pet friendly". So if you want, you can move in with your little furball and be happy. You can take Fifi or Fido out for a walk on the back walking path and enjoy the beautiful weather. But some owners fail to pay attention to these little green boxes that hold plastic baggies and have a nice container underneath. They are the home of "Poo Pouches" and they are EVERYWHERE. So your sweet little dog does his business and you grab a bag and pick it up. After that, you walk maybe 30 steps or so back to the can and toss it. What a concept! Fifi was able to take care of business and there is no evidence what so ever! Simple right?

Here is what I have been noticing: it's not the owners of the small dogs that have problems with this, it's those that own a dog that is capable of landing a pile of poop that is the size of that small dog. And I'm finding these football-size dumps RIGHT NEXT TO THE POO POUCH STAND!!!! Seriously. It makes no sense. There's nothing like playing with your 3 year old in the grass and seeing that your toddler's face is inches away from a pile of shit.

Now, the community manager has warned that they will fine the person(s) if they do not pick up after their pet, but quite honestly I have never seen one of these community members out there. Are we suppose to report them? Kind of like a "neighborhood watch" but maybe we could call it "poop patrol". Ridiculous. Pick up after your damn dog. It's part of the responsibility of having one. Your poor dog could be mortified and humiliated... (hey, you never know what they could be thinking!).

Sigh. I'm out. Walking my dog and making my community cleaner one Poo Pouch at a time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The same damn thing happens by us! Drives me nuts!

MAR said...

I'm glad that dogs poop by you too... LMAO! Love you, Jess!