Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Well, I was hoping that I would have found my dad by tomorrow, but that didn't pan out. With Ryan losing his job, my department going through re-org changes (and me applying for a promotion), Tyler's behavior, the photography biz, Aislynn's Dance Recital, and moving outta this shit hole I haven't had much time for continuing the search. At least when I come out to Chicago in July, I will be able to sit down with my dad's high school friends. Hopefully they will have some pictures or something since I have never even seen a picture of my dad.

So life has been rather busy, which is a good thing. But I'm ready to have a long stretch of time where there is NOTHING going on. No moving. No job shit. Nothing.

Ryan will not be going through with the LAPD. He didn't make it into the academy and we aren't sure why. I have heard that it has to do with a hiring freeze, but Ryan thinks that it has to do with things that happened 8 years ago. Who knows. It was a huge huge let down for Ryan. But I believe that the decision has to do with the bigger picture. Maybe the academy would have been too rough for Ryan. Maybe the hours that he would be working would have been too tiresome for our family. Who knows... So he's back to the beginning. He has been looking for jobs while he was applying with LAPD, and he hasn't been able to come up with anything. The stress is taking it's toll on our relationship and I'm doing my best to remember that this isn't going to last forever. Things will be different in 3 years. We will be in a better place and we will be able to take this experience and learn from it.

1 comments:

Vloggerlyfe said...

Hey, I like your blog! If it needs a makeover come visit Bloggy Blog Designz. We do headers, backgrounds, buttons, signatures, navbars and more!