Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 9

I have truly embraced the California Lifestyle. I have been on the "Master Cleanse" for 9 days. What is the "Master Cleanse"? It's a detox of the body by drinking only a mixture of fresh squeezed lemon juice, pure organic grade b maple syrup, cayenne pepper and lots of water. That's it.

"You are STARVING yourself!"

Nope. I'm not even hungry. It's been a really weird and refreshing experience. When I quit smoking (yes, I quit AGAIN)I didn't want to turn to food as a replacement. But the main reason for starting the cleanse was to detox my body and try to kick the cravings for cigarettes once and for all. I had stopped smoking for 3 weeks and I was STILL craving it big time. I can now honestly say that I don't even think about smoking any more. It's wonderful! My body has slimmed down as well. I started the cleanse at 131 and about 36% body fat. I'm now at 121 and 30% total body fat.

I have so much more energy, I'm sleeping better at night, I don't have the constant aches and pains I use to complain about. I actually have a DESIRE to EXERCISE. That alone is unreal. No cravings for candy or chocolate. No cravings, period.

There were many ups and downs. I was cranky and crabby some nights. I had a really bad headache for the first 2 days. The 3rd day was the hardest. The 4th day was AWESOME. I was so energetic! Day 7 was rocky, but I pulled through. Now I start day 9. I have one more day after this and I'm feeling pretty good that I actually stuck to this.

I have a totally different take on food and nourishment. Nothing that could ever keep me from eating a good meal of steak and potatoes, but just the knowledge that I don't need as much as I thought I needed.

Want to learn more? Read this:

The Complete Master Cleanse: A Step-by-Step Guide to Maximizing the Benefits of The Lemonade Diet [ILLUSTRATED] (Paperback)
by Tom Woloshyn (Author)


Read the book before starting. It takes some planning because you do not want to have a bunch of dinner parties or other social engagements planned while you are on this. I had to sit at a lunch out with my co workers at PF Changs. It was the last day for one of the girls and it was a little difficult. I did better then I thought, but I don't want to do that again!

The new and cleaned out MAR. (LMAO)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm intruiged! I want to know more about how you feel when you are done with it

Unknown said...

How were you at work? Tired or totally able to focus??