Saturday, November 29, 2008

Searching for a pin in a haystack

I've decided to deepen the search for my dad. Well, I can't say "deepen" because I never really started. I always felt like it would be an insult to my mom if I tried to locate him, but now that I'm approaching 30, I figure any sort of an insult would be silly. It's not like he can provide me with any additional upbringing since the hard part was taken care of 20 years or so ago.

So I've contacted the school district that I think he may have attended. Believe it or not, there are still nice people out in the world that have a heart and someone is assisting me in looking at archives to see if they can match the name and the age. It's totally a shot in the dark since he has probably one of the most common names in America.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know that you were doing that! I can understand why, but it has to be pretty emotional. We missed you at the reunion Saturday!

Unknown said...

Wow!
That's so exciting!
Good Luck Melly.
We missed you at the reunion by the way!