Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Here I Am!

Miss Jessica was wondering where I was... Well, here I am! Still rocking and rolling in the Valley. There hasn't been a lot to blab about. I'm counting down the days until we board the plane and fly over to IL. It's a well deserved vacation that I'm hoping will go smoothly. Aislynn has reached an all new height of diva-ness. Did I miss the note that should have been sent to me from the Parenting Gods on her 3rd birthday? Where in hell did this attitude come from? She wants what she wants, and she wants it NOW. Even if you try to prepare for a diva moment in advance to avoid the window shaking screams, something isn't to the queen's likeing.

We have been trying to figure out what to get the kids involved in since they are now both at that age for organized events outside of the Chuck E. Cheese circle. We took a trip to the YMCA to see if there was anything there that we could get involved in. We were talking to Diva about dance classes: "Yes. I want to take dance! Yes, mommy, yes!". Okay, very good. We would go home and look into dance classes for Diva. Big mistake. We wound up dragging Diva through the parking lot of the Y with her screaming, "DDDAAAAAAANNNCE! I WANT TO DANCE!"

"IWANTTODAAAAAAAAANCENOWTAKEMEBACKTAKEMEBACKIWANNNNNAADAAAAANNNCE!"

Trust me, Diva. If I could have left you there to dance, I would have.

Chocolate milk. The stuff is like crack for the kids. Tyler is a little more in control of himself these days, so if he asks for the drug and we tell him that it's coming with dinner, he's cool with that.

Bring in the Diva.

"Gimme chocolate milk? Now? Can I have it now? I want chocolate milk! Give me chocolate milk! I want chocolate milk! Chocolate milk! Chocolate milk! Chocolate milk! Chocolate milk! Chocolate milk! Chocolate milk! CHOCOLATEMILKCHOCOLATE MILKCHOCOLATEMILKCHOCOLATEMILKCHOCOLATEMILKCHOCOLATEMILKCHOCOLATE MILK (and insert a few screams that sound like she lost a limb).

Chocolate milk, anyone? Water? Juice? Glass of wine with a pill to make you feel happy?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I promise I'm going to call you tonight! I hate playing phone tag but I always get your missed call at like 8am on a work day!! Ahhhh!!! I'm glad you are coming home soon :)